Monday, April 02, 2007

Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All

Me and my cousin were just kids. We watched movies together and dreamed to be like the heroes from the screen one day. What is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong - we learned that from the local video store. Most of those movies are now outdated, hard to find or even forgotten. They may seem simple, and they may seem naive. But those simple and naive ideals made us who we are. They taught us to be strong, to go on and fight for our dreams.
One such movie is "Over The Top" with Silvester Stallone. I feel very nostalgic about it and it's very close to me. We watched that movie, about a guy with a big truck, standing tall against all odds, chasing his dream. Back in those days we didn't know that my uncle will become a truck driver in USA and that one day he will take my cousin with him and they will live in Las Vegas. Back then this was just a dream. And if yu fight long enough dreams do come true. I want to believe that.

No comments: