Friday, May 01, 2009

Short of the Week #17

I watched "Fanboys" today and what can I say? It's not as good as I hoped it will be. It's definitely worth watching, but after seeing most of the funny moments in the trailer and they toned down the drama element and added extra profanity I feel like they wasted a great idea. I was waiting for it for like 3 years and what I got is just another geek comedy with neat cameo-s and tons of references. I have to admidt though, I absolutely loved the THX-1138 metalhead cops as guards in the Skywalker Ranch, and Ray Park being one of them :)

Anyway, it's a good oportunity to remember about the 1st "Fanboys" film, the 2003 fan-film sharing a similar idea.

In the year 1999, a group of rebels enlists the aid of a young Star Wars fan to steal a copy of The Phantom Menace to aid their cause. But are their motives as noble as they appear?

I love the idea and it's original and enjoyable little Star Wars fan-film :) Check it out on TheForce.net: http://theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/fanboys

No comments: