Friday, January 09, 2009

Comics #5

Seems like it's been quite a while since the last time I delivered some comic book info... So, here we go again :) And to those of you who follow my blog and know about my passion for French (and in this case Belgian) comics and animation probably it won't be a surprise that this issue is also dedicated to them. Actually I'm going to revisit a topic I already briefly covered in the very first issue of the Comics rubric - the brilliant Herge and his famous Tintin.

One of the reasons is that as you may already know there's a new Tintin movie coming in 2010 and it's going to be directed by non other but the great Steven Spielber!! Honestly, I can't wait to see the movie and I'm more than sure that it's going to be in my all-time favourites list if they stick to the comics and stay true to Herge's style.

The other reason is that I recently found on the net the documentary "Tintin et Moi" (2003) (or "Tintin and Me" or "Тинтин и аз" as was the Bulgarian title when I saw it 5 years ago on a documentary film festival in Plovdiv). It's no doubt a great documentary on Herge's life and work, including interviews and detailed information about how Tintin was created and what was the inspiration behind the comics.

If you happen to get your hands on the movie and you don't speak French (just like me) - here's a link where you can get English subtitles

The movie was uploaded in YouTube by Quiestce88 (THANK YOU!!) and be sur to check out his profile - ALL of his videos are dedicated to Herge and Tintin (though not all of them are translated...so far)

And now, educate yourself - watch, enjoy and don't forget to turn on the captions ;)

part 1


part 2


part 3


there are 5 parts left, but they are yet to be translated and subbed, so check Quiestce88 for updates :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support, and be patient, the other subtitles will be released soon !

Best regards,

Quiestce88@YouTube :-)